The smallest vertical machine in the range designed for insert and over-moulding. Equipped with the world's only 12mm standard screw plasticising unit, the BOY XSV precisely meters small injection volumes less than 0.1cm³ with high repeatability. Standard thermoplastic plasticising units are available starting with diameter of the new special purpose screw of just 8mm. Then there is the 12mm, 14mm, 16mm and 18mm diameter general purpose screws sets . Rubber and Thermoset plasticising units are the latest processing options
The BOY XSV is a fully hydraulic, reciprocating screw injection moulding machine with a two-platen, two-tie bar design. The Clamping cylinders are integrated within the fixed platen, which minimises overall footprint while at the same time maintaining a large moulding area.
Optimised screw geometry reduces material dwell time in the plasticisng unit while at the same time higher resolution of the screw stroke, resulting in precise injection control.
• This machine is ideally suited for the use of flexible and efficient single-cavity moulds in place of large, complex multi-cavity designs. The mould concept for the BOY XSV is to use a fixed mould base with interchangeable inserts that can be changed in no time at all.
• If you consider energy consumption and moulding applications, the BOY XSV offers the best solution without compromise particularly with sprueless injection moulding. A specially designed nozzle which advances directly into the cavity, which not only eliminates the sprue but also a costly hot tip and runner system.
• More precise. Most economical. Extremely compact.
• Precise Procan ALPHA® 4 Control
• Easy to operate and user friendly
• Totally energy efficient
• Total flexibility
• Designed for Semi Automatic use continuous industrial operation with Automation options
• Euromap size: 100-14
• Clamping force: 100 kN
• Max. daylight between platen: 250 mm (optional 200 mm)
• Distance between tie bars: 160 mm (diagonal 205 mm)
• Max. shot volume: 10.2 cm3 (theoretical)